To keep our residents up to date, there have been a few residential burglaries within Peters Township and neighboring communities. Although we cannot release specific details of ongoing investigations, we have reasons to believe that a South American Theft Group is involved. The efforts of our department have resulted in the arrest of similar groups back in August. We continue working with other local agencies and investigating these crimes.
You can take the following measures to help protect your home and help us solve these crimes:
- Invest in an alarm system and assure you're turning it on when leaving the house
- Install security cameras for both the interior and exterior of your property
- Secure all valuables (jewelry, cash, silver, and gold) in a safe
- Keep an eye out for your neighbor's home/property
- Request a Vacation Home Check before going away
- Call 911 and report suspicious vehicles, especially vehicles with out of state registration
- Call 911 and report suspicious persons (all solicitors are required to register with the Township and display their permit)
- DO NOT assume alarms are false
- DO NOT advertise vacation plans on social media
- DO NOT include interior pictures of your residence on social media
- DO NOT post pictures of expensive items on social media
Generally, these break-ins have occurred between noon and 9 PM, so be diligent at all times of day, and not just at night.