- Recycling must be placed curbside by 6:00 AM of your scheduled day
- Residents must use the Peters Township issued 65-gallon recycling container for recycling services.
- The cost for garbage and recycling collection is $67.00 per Year Quarter (every 3 months). Bills are sent out by Jordan Tax Service via the mail. With any billing questions or concerns, please contact Jordan Tax Service .
Materials Accepted In Your Recycling Cart
- Metal: Aluminum cans, bi-metal cans, steel, and tin food cans
- Plastics: Screw-top plastic bottles, jars & jugs (labeled #1 or #2)
- Paper: Magazines, advertising inserts, junk mail, phone books, newspaper, envelopes, catalogs, paperback books, and computer paper
- Cardboard: Cardboard boxes and sheets of cardboard - you may also use our new Cardboard Compactor to recycle cardboard (see information at bottom of this page)
- Cartons: Milk, almond/soy milk, cream, and orange juice cartons
- Paperboard Boxes: Cereal, juice, and tissue boxes
Materials Not Accepted In Your New Recycling Cart
- No Glass of Any Kind
- No #3, #4, #5, $6, or #7 Plastics
- No Plastic Bags of any kind (including blue bags)
- No Plastic Tubs
- No Berry Containers & No Clam Shell Containers
- No Garbage or Food Waste
- No Shredded Paper
- No Ceramics
- No Styrofoam or Fast Food Wrappers
- No Lids - Plastic or Metal
- No Aluminum Pie Pans
- No Pizza Boxes
- No Aluminum Foil
- No Paper Towel Rolls or Toilet Paper Rolls
Electronics & Household Hazardous Waste
Electronics and Household Hazardous Waste will be picked up through the Waste Management At Your Door Program at no extra charge.
- Located Behind Fire Station #1 at 245 E. McMurray Road, McMurray, PA 15317
- Open Daily from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Free for Residents & Small Businesses to Use
- Flatten cardboard and insert into slot
- Do Not Push Any Buttons - The compactor will run automatically when full.
Glass Recycling Container
- Located Behind Fire Station #1 at 245 E McMurray Road, McMurray, PA 15317
- Open Daily from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Free for Residents to Use
- No Sorting Required - Clear/Brown/Green Glass Accepted
- Only Glass: No Bags, No Boxes, No Lids
- Make Sure Items Have Been Rinsed out/Cleaned
- Glass Recycling Container Flyer (PDF)
What is My Scheduled Recycling Pickup Day?
For missed garbage or recycling collection, please call the Township Municipal Building at 724-941-4180. Township staff will contact Waste Management to resolve the issue.
- When Waste Management observes a holiday, there is no garbage or recycling service on the holiday itself. In addition, collection is delayed by one day for the remainder of that week.
- The 2021 holidays are listed below.
- New Year's Day - Friday, January 1, 2021 - No delay as holiday occurs on a Friday
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 31, 2021 - All streets delayed by one day
- Independence Day - Sunday, July 4, 2021 - No delay as holiday occurs on a Sunday
- Labor Day - Monday, September 6, 2021 - All streets delayed by one day
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 25, 2021 - Thursday streets delayed by one day
- Christmas Day - Saturday, December 25, 2021 - No delay as holiday occurs on a Saturday
- What is my pickup day?
- Which holidays delay my garbage and recycling collection?
- What time does my garbage/recycling have to be placed out?
- I have larger item to throw away, will Waste Management take it?
- My garbage or recycling cart is broken. What do I do?
- How do I recycle electronics?
- How do I recycle household hazardous waste?
- How do I recycle glass?
- How do I recycle large amounts of cardboard?
- What if I have more garbage than fits in the cart?
- What if I have more recycling than fits in the cart?
- May I exchange my garbage or recycling cart for a different size cart?
- Where do I place my carts on my scheduled pickup day?
- Who owns my garbage and recycling carts?