- Garbage must be placed curbside by 6:00 AM of your scheduled day
- Residents must use the Peters Township issued 95-gallon trash container for garbage services.
- Bag all trash to prevent litter and debris in your neighborhood.
- The cost for garbage and recycling collection is $70.00 per Year Quarter (every 3 months). Bills are sent out by Jordan Tax Service via the mail. With any billing questions or concerns, please contact Jordan Tax Service .
What is My Scheduled Garbage Pickup Day?
New residents should contact Jordan Tax Service (724-731-2300) to set up garbage/recycling billing for their property. Each property should have one garbage cart and one recycling cart. If you are missing a garbage or recycling cart, call the Municipal Building (724-941-4180).
For missed garbage or recycling collection, please call the Township Municipal Building at 724-941-4180. Township staff will contact Waste Management to resolve the issue.
- When Waste Management observes a holiday, there is no garbage or recycling service on the holiday itself. In addition, collection is delayed by one day for the remainder of that week. Holidays that occur on a Saturday or Sunday DO NOT cause a garbage delay.
- The 2023 holidays that will cause a delay are listed below:
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 29, 2023 - All streets delayed by one day
- Independence Day - Tuesday, July 4, 2023 - Tuesday through Thursday streets delayed one day
- Labor Day - Monday, September 4, 2023 - All streets delayed by one day
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 23, 2022 - Thursday streets delayed by one day
- Christmas Day - Monday, December 25, 2023 - All streets delayed by one day
Broken Garbage or Recycling Cart
If your cart is damaged, please contact the Peters Township Municipal Building at 724-941-4180, and we will scheduled a repair date for Waste Management to repair the cart.
Items That Will Not Be Collected Curbside
- Electronics (Electronics will be picked up through the Waste Management At Your Door Program at no extra charge.)
- Household Hazardous Waste (Household Hazardous Waste will be picked up through the Waste Management At Your Door Program at no extra charge.)
- Construction Material
- Building Material
- Tree Waste
- Gravel, Bricks, Sod, Dirt, Mulch
- Automobile Parts
- Flammable Liquids
- Propane Tanks
- Riding Lawn Mowers
- Elliptical Machines
Electronics & Household Hazardous Waste
Electronics and Household Hazardous Waste will be picked up through the Waste Management At Your Door Program at no extra charge.
- What is my pickup day?
- Which holidays delay my garbage and recycling collection?
- What time does my garbage/recycling have to be placed out?
- I have larger item to throw away, will Waste Management take it?
- My garbage or recycling cart is broken. What do I do?
- How do I recycle electronics?
- How do I recycle household hazardous waste?
- How do I recycle glass?
- How do I recycle large amounts of cardboard?
- I am a new resident. How do I start garbage service?
- What if I have more garbage than fits in the cart?
- What if I have more recycling than fits in the cart?
- May I exchange my garbage or recycling cart for a different size cart?
- Where do I place my carts on my scheduled pickup day?
- Who owns my garbage and recycling carts?